The most adventurous collection of movies like Lord of the Rings is the Chronicles of Narnia Series, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, The Monkey King Series, The NeverEnding Story Series, and Harry Potter. These all movies are top-rated all over the world.
The Chronicles of Narnia Series
One of the most well-known fantasy film series ever is The Chronicles of Narnia. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, Prince Caspian, and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader are three of S. Lewis’ works that were turned into live-action movies as part of the same-named franchise (2010). In many aspects, The Chronicles of Narnia film series is comparable to The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit: young, innocent adventurers (in this case, four young children) set off into Narnia, a magical realm full of mythological creatures, talking animals, and legendary weaponry. Even though the series’ later installments took a darker turn, the first film, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe makes you think of Frodo.
Parts of “The Chronicles of Narnia”
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe (2005).
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008).
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010).
The main cast of the movie series
- Peter Dinklage as Trumpkin.
- James McAvoy as Mr. Tumnus.
- Ben Barnes as Caspian X.
- Tilda Swinton as Jadis.
- Will Poulter as Eustace Scrubb.
- Georgie Henley as Lucy pevensie.
- Skandar Keynes as Edmund pevensie.
- Anna Popplewell as Susan Pevensie.
- William Moseley as peter pevensie.
- Directed by:- Michael Apted, & Andrew Adamson.
- Screenplay by:- Michael Petroni, Stephen McFeely, Christopher Markus, Andrew Adamson, & Ann Peacock.
- Producer:- Andrew Adamson, Philip Steuer, & Mark Johnson.
- Release date:- Part I (9, December 2005). Part II (16, May 2008). Part III (10, December 2010).
- Budget:- All three parts ($560million).
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
A 2017 epic fantasy action-adventure movie called King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. Of course, when discussing fantasy films, it is impossible to ignore the fabled history of the legendary monarch of England. The film in question is the most recent film adaptation of King Arthur’s story, and so many characters in contemporary films and stories have been influenced by it. King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, starring Charlie Hunnam as the title character, depicts King Arthur’s ascent to the English throne.
This movie and Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King have a lot in common, including a famous sword, the legitimate successor to the throne, and a wise, strong wizard with white hair. J. may have drawn inspiration from the legend of King Arthur. R. R. We can easily see how Tolkien was influenced by Arthur while he was creating Aragorn in the novels.
- Eric Bana as Uther Pendragon.
- Jude Law as Vortigern.
- Aiden Gillen as Goosefat Bill.
- Djimon Hounsou as Sir Bedivere.
- Astrid Berges-Frisbey as Mage.
- Charlies Hunnam as King Arthur.
- Directors:- Guy Ritchie.
- Producers:- Lionel Wigram, Guy Ritchie, Steve Clark-Hall, Tory Tunnell, Joby Harold, & Akiva Goldsman.
- Screenplay by:- Lionel Wigram, Guy Ritchie, & Joby Harold.
- Editor:- James Herbert.
- Release dates:- 8, May 2017, in TCL Chinese theater.12, May 2017, in the United States. 19, May 2017, in the United Kingdom.
- Budget:- $175 million.
The Monkey King Series
The Monkey King is a legendary mythical character with a history comparable to King Arthur’s. The movie relates the tale of a fabled monkey God by the name of Sun Wukong and is based on the fantasy novel Journey to the West, a 16th-century Chinese literary classic published in the Ming Dynasty by Wu Cheng’en (Donnie Yen). After coming down from heaven, Wukong must determine his life mission. As a result, he embarks on an epic trip similar to The Fellowship of the Ring that brings him to heaven and hell (quite literally). You could recognize Sun Wukong right away because Son Goku, the well-known protagonist of the Dragon Ball anime series, was also modeled by him.
The parts of “The Monkey King”
- In 2014, The Monkey King Havoc in Heaven Palace.
- In 2016, The Monkey King 2.
- In 2018, The Monkey King 3.
The main cast of “The Monkey King” all parts
- Cathy Leung as Fairy Caixia.
- Hai Yitian as Subhuti.
- Irene Wang as Fairy Caiyun.
- Li Ching as the Green-haired Monkey King.
- Zhang Zilin as Nüwa.
- Kelly Chen as Guan Yin.
- Peter Ho as Erlang Shen.
- Joe Chen as Princess Iron Fan.
- Donnie Yen as Sun Wukong, the Monkey King.
- Director:- Soi Cheang.
- Producer:- Kiefer Liu.
- Screenplay by:- Szeto Kam-Yuen, Edmond Wong, Lola Huo, & Dali Chen.
- Editor:- Cheung Ka-Fai.
- Release dates:- 25 January 2014 (Beijing premiere). 30 January 2014 (Hong Kong). 31 January 2014 (China).
- Budget:- $82milion.
The Harry Potter film series is arguably the best sorcery-based movie franchise ever. Based on J., the eight-part adaptation of the same-named fantasy books by K. Rowling was a huge international success. Harry Potter’s imaginative story immerses readers in the magical realm of Hogwarts, which has striking similarities to Tolkien’s Middle-earth.
There are a lot of fans of Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe), even though the last movie was published ten years ago. For eight movies, Harry Potter and his pals discover numerous magical spells, encounter mythological creatures, and battle enormous evil.
All Parts of the “Harry Potter”
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (2001).
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002).
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004).
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005).
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007).
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009).
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part I (2010).
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part II (2011).
The main cast of all parts of “Harry Potter”
- Robbie Coltrane as Rubeus Hagrid.
- Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy.
- Alan Rickman as Severus Snape.
- Dame Maggie Smith as Minerva McGonagall.
- Richard Harris as Prof. Albus Dumbledore.
- Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter.
- Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange.
- Warwick Davis as Filius Flitwick.
- Brendan Gleeson as Alastor Moody.
- Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort.
- Director:- Chris Columbus, Alfonso Cuarón, Mike Newell, & David Yates.
- Producer:- David Heyman, Chris Columbus, Mark Radcliffe, David Barron, & J. K. Rowling.
- Screenplay by:- Steve Kloves, & Michael Goldenberg.
- Editor:- Richard Francis-Bruce, Peter Honess, Steven Weisberg, Mick Audsley, & Mark Day.
- Production Co.:- Warner Bros. Pictures, Heyday Films, & 1492 Pictures.
- Release date:- 2001-2011.
- Budget:- $8.2 billion for 8 parts.
The NeverEnding Story
The NeverEnding Plot was a three-part television series based on the 1979 Michael Ende novel of the same name. The first and second adaptations were taken from the same book, while the third was an original story. The NeverEnding Story follows a youthful, unassuming protagonist who unintentionally gets sucked into an adventure thanks to an ancient fantasy book, much like the Lord of the Rings films. The hero is tasked with rescuing the fictional world since it acts as a portal to a vibrant and magical universe.
Parts of “The NeverEnding Story”
- The NeverEnding Story (1984).
- The NeverEnding Story II: The Next Chapter (1990).
- The NeverEnding Story III (1994).
The main cast of the movie
- Barret Oliver as Bastian Balthazar Bux.
- Noah Hathaway as Atreyu.
- Thomas Hill as Carl Conrad Coreander.
- Tami Stronach as The Childlike Empress.
- Sydney Bromley as Engywook.
- Patricia Hayes as Urgl.
- Alan Oppenheimer as Rockbiter, Gmork, & Falkor the Luckdragon.
- Gerald McRaney as Bastian’s Dad.
- Director:- Wolfgang Petersen.
- Producer:- Bernd Eichinger, & Dieter Geissler.
- Editor:- Jane Seitz.
- Production Co.:- Neue Constantin Film, Bavaria Film, & Producers Sales Organization.
- Release dates:- In West Germany, on 6, April 1984. In the U.S.A, on 20, July 1984.
- Budget:- $25-27 million.
To know more about movies like American pie click here.
Kindly visit our website: DAILYREALTIME.COM